The eighth edition of First Look – the Locarno Festival initiative aiming to showcase films in post-production – has presented six works in progress from Portugal. Each one was introduced by its producer to various world sales agents and festival programmers attending the Industry Days.
The jury of First Look 2018, comprising Janet Pierson (SXSW Film Head), José Luis Rebordinos (San Sebastian Film Festival’s Artistic Director) and Eva Sangiorgi (Viennale’s Artistic Director) handed out the First Look Awards:
- to Campo by Tiago Hespanha (produced by João Matos – Terratreme) an award worth € 65,000 in post-production services sponsored by Cinelab Bucharest;
- to Viveiro by Pedro Filipe Marques (produced by Luis Urbano & Sandro Aguilar – O Som e a Furia) an award worth € 5,600 in advertising, donated by Le Film Français;
- to Viveiro by Pedro Filipe Marques (produced by Luis Urbano & Sandro Aguilar – O Som e a Furia) an award worth € 5,000 donated by Kaiju Cinema D/ffusion for the production of a Key Art Design.
The full list of the 2018 selected films:
- Campo by Tiago Hespanha, produced by João Matos (Terratreme Filmes);
- Gabriel by Nuno Bernardo, produced by Nuno Bernardo (beActive Entertainment);
- Golpe de Sol (Sunburn) by Vicente Alvez do Ó, produced by Pandora da Cunha Telles, Pablo Iraola (Ukbar Filmes);
- Hálito Azul (Blue Breath) by Rodrigo Areias, produced by Rodrigo Areias (Bando à Parte), in coproduction with Oktober Film (Finland) and Gladys Glover Film (France);
- Terra (Earth) by Rossana Torres and Hiroatsu Suzuki, produced by Rossana Torres and Hiroatsu Suzuki (Associação Entre Imagem), in coproduction with Optec – Sociedade Optica Tecnica (Portugal);
- Viveiro by Pedro Filipe Marques, produced by Luís Urbano and Sandro Aguilar (O Som e a Fúria).