Which movie changed your life?
In order to celebrate its 70th anniversary, the Festival decided to give everyone the chance to tell the world about the film that changed their life. Some testimonials and friends of the Festival decided to support it by telling us their favourite movies.
#movieofmylife is a digital competition, in which you can participate by doing a short video, where you can tell which movie changed your life. You can do it in any language and by doing a video selfie, film something inspiring or you might think of a more original way. The video must be 70 seconds max. and the film title has to be unveiled only at the end of the video.
On the official website www.movieofmylife.ch are all the videos already uploaded and all information about the competition.
The Artistic Director, his staff and a team of programmers will choose the prize winners and a selection of videos to be edited and shown in Piazza Grande during the 70th Festival.
- One flight with Swiss International Air Lines for 2 persons, worth CHF 4'000
- One day with a Swiss filmmaker offered by la Mobiliare, worth CHF 1'500
- 5 boxes containing 20CHF banknotes, offered by UBS, each worth 400CHF
- Various prizes offered by Ascona-Locarno worth a total of CHF 1500, three of which offered by Termali Salini & Spa in Locarno, worth CHF 542:
- x1 Priva Spa You&Me, worth CHF 390
-2x2 Day Admissiona incl. Sauna world, worth CHF 38
- One Flyer e-bike worth CHF 3'000
- 10 SWATCH watches worth 1'000 CHF
- SBB CFF FFS GA travel card 2nd class worth CHF 3'860
- 3 smartphones, worth 1'500 CHF, offered by Swisscom
- Other prizes
The competition will run from 21 March to 11 August 2017. Be careful: only the videos sent by the 15th of July will be considered for a possible screening in the Piazza Grande. The videos sent after this date can still win the other prizes.
The 70th Locarno Festival will be held from 2 to 12 August 2017.