Did you know...?
Locarno70 in numbers
The 70th edition of the Locarno Festival, which took place from August 2 to 12 2017, welcomed over 318,000 people, who, during the 11-day event, between film and music, cinema and entertainment, helped us turn this special anniversary into a unique event.
Without further ado, let us present you our very own Locarno70... in a few numbers:
- The Piazza Grande Screen is 26 m x 14 m for a total of 364m2. It is one of the largest open air screens in the world
- The event welcomed over 174'000 spectators, who enjoyed the films in Piazza Grande and all the venues thanks to the 14845 available seats.
- 318,000 are the people who have embraced our new Locarno Experience, by visiting, besides our numerous film screenings, the Rotonda, the Village of the Festival and the new Locarno Garden the Mobiliare
- 402 are the presented films, including 104 world premieres, from over 43 different countries
- 220 video contributions were made for our PardoLive TV
- ... and no less than 21'614'630 interactions were counted on our social media platforms!
But above all ... more than 700 people worked to make the Locarno Festival a unique and magical event for all of you!