Apparat – Malaysia
Having produced several award-winning Malaysian fiction and documentary films, Nandita draws inspiration from Southeast Asia’s rich heritage and history, with an aim to shape distinctive stories and unique characters and create films that bridge the local and the global. Nandita is a hands-on producer and enjoys working with directors and writers through the script and development process, financing, seeing the film through production, overseeing post production, as well as domestic and international sales and distribution.
Production Company Profile
Apparat was set up in 2009 by filmmakers Dain Said and Nandita Solomon. Apparat’s first feature, Bunohan (2011) was Malaysia’s official submission as Best Foreign Film at Academy Award 2013. Apparat’s films have been invited to screen at many international festivals such as Toronto, Rotterdam, London BFI, Locarno Piazza Grande (Interchange, 2016), Sitges, Singapore, Udine among others. Our films have been picked up by Universal Pictures, HBO, Netflix, etc. Apparat is currently developing 6 feature films, 2 series and a feature-length documentary, and seeking creative and technical collaborators, co-production, sales & distribution partners.
- Interchange by Dain Said (Supernatural Thriller, 102’, 2016)
- Bunohan: Return to Murder by Dain Said (Action Drama, 98’, 2011)
- Fish Listeners of Setiu Lagoons by Dain Said (Documentary, 47’, 2010)
- Death Scent by Dain Said (Horror, Feature Film, 2020)
- The Willing by Joon Goh (Crime-Thriller, Feature Film, 2020)
- The Mule by Oman Dhas (Thriller, Feature Film, 2021)
+60 192 347 317