Applications to the Critics Academy are to be uploaded on this platform.
Deadline: Friday, May 3rd 2019
- Applicants must have a proven interest in film criticism as well as the ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Swiss participants must be fluent in English, though articles will primarily be written in their own language (German, French, or Italian).
- The age limit is 35 years old.
Applications to the Critics Academy are to be uploaded on this platform with the following documentation:
- Motivational letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 articles or film reviews written in English (for Swiss participants: 3 articles in German, French or Italian)
- One photograph of the candidate
Applicants will be informed by e-mail by Monday, 3rd June 2019.
The Critics Academy offers to its attendees, free of charge:
- Bed and breakfast at the Locarno Youth Hostel, in twin-bedded accommodation from Tuesday, August 6th to Saturday, August 17th.
- A voucher for one meal per day
- The Locarno Film Festival press accreditation
- Invitation to parties and events of the Locarno Film Festival
- The Locarno Academy does not undertake to pay participants’ travel expenses. Should an applicant be selected, he/she will be responsible for all travel and transportation costs incurred.