Applications to the Industry Academy are to be uploaded on this platform
Deadline: Friday, May 3rd 2019
- Relevant work experience in the film industry (at least two internships, or currently holding an activity)
- You are a young professional, active in one of the following industry fields: international sales, marketing, traditional and online distribution, exhibition and programming (festivals, cine clubs and Cinematheques). Please note that the IA does not select candidates with a film producer profile.
- Cinema and films must be your passion
- Very good knowledge of English
Important note: if you have already participated at a previous edition of the Locarno Industry Academy or any of the Industry Academy International you cannot reapply. You are already part of the family, and can contribute in many other ways!
Applications to the Industry Academy are to be uploaded on this platform with the following documentation:
- Motivational letter (including your main participation aims/goals, interests and expectations, your input in the workshop and in its group dynamics)
- Curriculum Vitae (with date of birth)
- One photograph of the candidate
The Industry Academy offers to its attendees, free of charge:
- Bed and breakfast at the Locarno Youth Hostel, in twin-bedded accommodation, from Wednesday, August 7th through Tuesday, August 13th (7 nights).
- A voucher for one meal per day
- Accreditation entitling participants to attend all Festival screenings and some industry activities
- Professional documentation (such as the official catalogue and the industry guide);
- Invitations to the Industry Happy Hours (over 3 days) as well as the Opening Industry party.
Applicants will be informed by e-mail by Monday, 3rd June 2019.
The Locarno Academy does not undertake to pay participants’ travel expenses. Should an applicant be selected, he/she will be responsible for all travel and transportation costs incurred.
This initiative is supported by the Federal Office of Culture – MEDIA Compensatory Measures and is organized in cooperation with three pan-European organizations (Europa Cinemas, Europa Distribution and Europa International).