Match Me! Success Stories
Match Me! Success Stories
- Marius Olteanu & Claudiu Mitcu (We are Basca, Romania) - found a Swiss coproducer for their project "Monsters" (formerly "TIE"). The film had its world premiere in Berlinale Forum 69 and won the Tagesspiegel Readers' Jury Award. International Sales are handled by Alpha Violet.
- Tatiana Leite (Bubbles Project, Brazil) – secured screening for “Aspirantes” (First Look 2014 winner) at Film Society Lincoln Center and in Toulouse and entered “Nona” project as co-producer, while "Pendular" by Julia Murat, coproduced and sold worldwide by Still Moving won Fipresci Award at Berlinale Panorama 2016 and was selected for New Directors, New Films 2016 in New York. Her latest feature, "Loveling" by Gustavo Pizzi, was selected at Sundance, Rotterdam and Gothenburg Film Festivals, among others, and is sold internationally by New Europe Film Sales. Bubbles Project is also minority coproducer of Familia Sumergida by María Alché selected at Locarno's Cineasti del Presente 2018.
- Adar Shafran (Firma Films, Israel) - after Match Me! was selected to participate to Rotterdam Lab and Cannes Producers workshop. He produced "Maktub" by Oded Raz, one of the highest grossing comedies in Israel, which premiered at the 53rd Chicago international Film Festival and sold to Netflix.
- Jessica Luz (Besouro Filmes, Brazil) - produced "Tinta Bruta" by Marcio Reolon and Filipe Matzembacher, which selected at the 2018 Berlinale Panorama won the CICAE Art Cinema Award. The film is sold internationally by M-Appeal.
- Maria Camila Arias (Antorcha Prod, Colombia) - produced "Candelaria" by Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza, which had its World Premiere and won Venice's Giornati degli Autori 2017. International Sales: Beta Cinema.
- Joaquin del Paso (Amondo Films, Mexico) – his first feature film as director/producer “Maquinaria Panamericana” was selected at Berlinale Forum, Miami International FF, Guadalajar FF, Torino Film Festival among others and sold by Luxbox.
- Daniela Camino (Mimbre Producciones, Chile) - closed a co-production deal with Bubbles Project on “Nona” project and submitted it to World Cinema Fund, secured Festival agent Patra Spanou for “The Plants” and short feature “Appels Téléphoniques” opened Rio de Janeiro Curta Du Cinema Film Festival.
- Gustavo Rosa de Moura (Mira Filmes, Brazil) – 1st feature by Marina Person, “California” was selected for Rotterdam International Film Festival and Tribeca Film Festival and is sold wordwide by Films Boutique. 2nd feature by Gustavo Rosa de Moura "Cora" will be co-produced by Tatiana Leite (Bubbles Project).
- Aleteia Selonk (Okna Produçoes, Brazil) - secured sales agent (Loco Films) for “A Mulher do Pai” by Cristiane Oliveira (1st Film) selected for Berlinale Generation 2016.
- Santiago de la Paz Nicolau (Nomadas, Mexico) - coproduced "Maquinaria Panamericana" that was selected at Berlinale Forum, Miami International FF, Guadalajar FF, Torino Film Festival among others and sold by Luxbox.
- Muge Ozen (Solis Film, Turkey) - was selected to Antalya Film Forum and EAVE after participating to Locarno's Match Me!
- Cristi Iftime Match Me! TPS partnership (Romania) won the Fedeora Award at the 52nd Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (2017).
- Gisela Camara (Tacacá Filmes, Brazil) - her film Deslembro and directed by Flávia Castro competed in Venice Orizzonti (2018) and won the audience award at the Rio Film Festival. the film is sold by Loco Films.
- Emilio Santoyo (Anomia Films, Mexico), completed "Ana's Desire" whic was selected for the FIP section at Ventana Sur (2018).
- Alba Gaviraghi (Agosto Cine, Chile), her first produced film "Potential Victim", directed by Nicolás Guzmán was selected for Tallin Black Nights Festival in the Rebel with a Cause section (2018).
- Davi de Oliveria Pinheiro's (Ausgang, Brazil) project Unsound (Grito) has been picked-up for international sales by Patra Spanou Intl Distribution & Marketing.
- Alessandro Amato (dispàrte, Italy) and Pablo Calisto (Equeco, Chile) both Match Me! Producers joint forces and received a grant from Italian-Chilean fund for co-development of their coproduction "Il Cileno" (provisory title).