First Look on Serbian Cinema
Locarno’s Work in Progress section, in its ninth edition, has selected six Serbian films in post-production stage.
Thanks to a partnership with Film Center Serbia, they will be screened to international industry key players, from August 9 to 11, during Locarno Pro.
A jury made up of international festival directors and programmers will decide the First Look Awards, bringing finalization services for a film in post-production worth €65,000 offered by Cinelab Bucharest, the Le Film Français award, consisting of advertising services worth €5’600 and the prize offered by Kaiju Cinema D/ffusion worth €5,000 for the designing of the international key art poster.
The jury for First Look 2019, comprising Tiina Look (Tallin Black Nights Film Festival Artistic Director), Emanuela Martini (Torino Film Festival’s Artistic Director) and Lorenzo Esposito (Berlinale’s Programmer) handed out the following First Look Awards:
- to Celts (Kelti) by Milica Tomović, produced by Vladimir Vasiljević and Milica Tomović (EED Productions) an award worth € 65,000 in post-production services sponsored by Cinelab Bucharest.
- to Telenovela Greyscale in Color (Telenovela en gris y multicolor) by Filip Martinović, produced by Nikola Savicevic (Gulu Gulu Presenta) an award worth € 5,600 in advertising, donated by Le Film Français.
- to Resisting Landscapes (Pejzaži Optora) by Marta Popivoda produced by Dragana Jovović and Marta Popivoda (Theory at Work) an award worth € 5,000 donated by Kaiju Cinema D/ffusion for the production of a Key Art Design.
The full list of the 2019 selected films:
- Celts (Kelti) by Milica Tomovic, produced by Vladimir Vasiljevic (EED Productions)
- In Praise of Love (U slavu ljubavi) by Tamara Drakuic, produced by Jelena Angelovski (Monkey Production)
- Prison Beauty Contest (Izbor Za Miss Zatvora) produced and directed by Srdjan Sarenac (Novi Film) in coproduction with Udruzenje Novi Film (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Provid (Croatia)
- Resisting Landscapes (Pejzaži Optora) by Marta Popivoda, produced by Dragana Jovovic (Theory at Work) in coproduction with Bocalupo Films (France)
- Speak So I Can See You (Govori da bih te video) by Marija Stoinjc, produced by Milos Ivanovic and Marija Stoinjc (Bilboke), in coproduction with Restart (Croatia), Doha Film Institute (Qatar), Set Sail Films (Serbia)
- Telenovela Greyscale in Color (Telenovela en gris y multicolor) by Filip Martinovic, produced by Nikola Savicevic and Filip Martinovic (Gulu Gulu Presents)
Find the details of the selected films below, and the films schedule here.
Govori da bih te video
Regista: Marija Stoinjc Serbia · 2019 · Blu Ray · Colore · 64'
Izbor Za Miss Zatvora
Regista: Srdjan Sarenac Serbia · 2019 · Blu Ray · Colore · 71'
Regista: Milica Tomovic Serbia · 2019 · Blu Ray · Colore · 61'
Regista: Marta Popivoda Serbia · 2019 · Blu Ray · Colore · 100'
Telenovela en gris y multicolor
Regista: Filip Martinovic Serbia · 2019 · Blu Ray · Colore · 61'
U slavu ljubavi
Regista: Tamara Drakuic Serbia · 2019 · Blu Ray · Colore · 80'
Project Manager: Markus Duffner, firstname.lastname@example.org
With the support of