Lao New Wave Cinema Productions – Laos
Xaisongkham Induangchanthy is a filmmaker and producer based in Vientiane, co-founder of Lao New Wave Cinema Productions. In 2012, he co-produced At the Horizon by Anysay Keola, Laos’ first thriller film. He is an alumni of the Asian Film Academy (2012) and obtained a Master’s degree in filmmaking in New York under a Fulbright Scholarship (2015). In 2018, he was selected to participate in the SEAFIC (Southeast Asia Fiction Film Lab) development program in Thailand, and Talents Tokyo. Xaisongkham is currently developing his first feature film project, Raising a Beast, which won the SEAFIC-TFL Award and a Special Mention at Talents Tokyo. In 2019, it was selected at Cannes La Fabrique Cinema.
Production Company Profile
Lao New Wave Cinema Productions, launched in 2012 by a group of emerging filmmakers in Laos including Anysay Keola, is one of the leading audiovisual production companies in the country. We offer technical expertise and in-depth cultural knowledge of Laos to help local and international filmmakers execute their vision. We also produce our own films. Over the last decade, we have produced five feature films and several shorts. All were screened in cinemas across the country and many of them were selected by national and regional festivals. The company’s first feature film, At the Horizon, aired on RED by HBO ASIA in 2016. Our wish is to start approaching the international market to introduce young Lao talents.
- At The Horizon by Anysay Keola (Thriller, 101’, 2012)
- Noy - Above It All by Anysay Keola (Drama, 90’, 2015)
- The Expiration Date by Anysay Keola (Romantic Comedy, 100’, 2019)
- Raising a Beast by Xaisongkham Induangchanthy (Family Drama, 103’, 2019)
- So Long, Vientiane by Xaisongkham Induangchanthy (Short Film, 2019)
- Lost in Savannakhet by XaisongkhamInduangchanthy (co-producer, Feature, 2019)
+856 202 858 0055