Applications for 2020 are now open
Important note: if you have already participated at a previous edition of the Locarno Industry Academy or any of the Industry Academy International you cannot reapply. You are already part of the family, and can contribute in many other ways! Contact us to find out how!
- Relevant work experience in the film industry (at least two internships, or currently holding an activity)
- Cinema and films must be your passion
- Very good knowledge of English
Applications to the Industry Academy are to be uploaded on the online platform with the following documentation
- Motivational letter (including your main participation aims/goals, interests and expectations, your input in the workshop and in its group dynamics)
- Curriculum Vitae
- One photograph of the candidate
The Industry Academy offers to its attendees, free of charge
- Bed and breakfast at the Locarno Youth Hostel, in twin-bedded accommodation, from Wednesday, August 5th through Tuesday, August 11th (7 nights)
- A voucher for one meal per day
- Accreditation entitling participants to attend all Festival screenings and some industry activities
- Professional documentation (such as the official catalogue and the industry guide)
- Invitations to the Industry Happy Hours (over 3 days) as well as the Opening Industry party
The Locarno Academy does not cover the travel costs of its participants. In case of selection, travel expenses will be in charge of the participant.
This initiative is supported by the Federal Office of Culture – MEDIA Compensatory Measures and is organized in cooperation with three pan-European organizations (Europa Cinemas, Europa Distribution and Europa International).
Deadline: Friday, May 1st 2020
Applicants will be informed via e-mail by Monday, June 8th 2020.