With the physical event of Locarno73 cancelled, the Festival is temporarily reinventing itself by launching Locarno 2020 – For the Future of Films.
All details available in our official FAQs.
Locarno Pro is the landmark for film industry professionals attending Locarno Film Festival. Gathering under its wings the different initiatives and services that professionals have been accessing in the last years, it aims to further enhance and deepen connections between the diverse figures circulating around films in the Festival.
Locarno Pro plays an active, 360° role in the support of auteur films: whether launching a new project or extending and optimizing existing services and initiatives, the goal is always to support sales agents, distributors, exhibitors, producers and filmmakers in their respective tasks ranging from the conception to the release of independent art-house cinema in different areas of the world.
Services and initiatives:
- Industry Screenings: in order to support and encourage sales of films selected for the feature competitions or the Piazza Grande, Industry accredited can access these exclusive screenings. Industry accredited can also access the Online Digital Library.
- Open Doors: spotlighting emerging talents from countries in the South and the East through 3 activities: the co-production platform Open Doors Hub, the producers’ Lab and the Open Doors Screenings.
Open Doors' next edition will focus on South East Asia and Mongolia.
- Alliance for Development: a workshop for German-, French- and Italian-speaking projects in development.
- First Look: 5 to 7 films in post-production from one focus country are introduced to industry professionals in Locarno and compete for the First Look Award.
- Industry Academy: a fast-track industry training program for young professionals working in international sales, marketing, distribution, exhibition and programming, taking place in Locarno and abroad.
- Match Me!: an informal networking platform for new and upcoming production companies with distinct focus and strong visions.
- StepIn: an interdisciplinary think tank for Industry professionals to discuss international distribution challenges and solutions.
- U30: a platform offering a space for young professionals wanting to voice their concerns on highly topical issues.
Holders of the Industry Badge, the accreditation reserved for industry professionals, enjoy numerous additional benefits such as publication of a personalized profile of the accredited company in the Industry Guide and access to the Industry Lounge.
Locarno Pro Team
Head of Locarno Pro
Deputy Head of Locarno Pro
Head of Open Doors
Locarno Pro Manager
Deputy Head of Open Doors
Locarno Pro Coordinator
Open Doors Junior Community & Activities Manager
Industry Academy International Project Manager
First Look & Match Me! Project Manager
StepIn Project Manager
Open Doors Consultant
Open Doors Lab Head of Studies
Locarno Pro Assistant
Locarno Pro Assistant
Open Doors Assistant
StepIn Assistant & Match Maker
Industry Academy Assistant