First Look Award 2019
The ninth edition of First Look – the Locarno Film Festival initiative aiming to showcase films in post-production – has presented six works in progress from Serbia, thanks to a partnership with the Film Center Serbia. Each work in progress was introduced by its producer to various world sales agents and festival programmers attending Locarno Pro.
The jury for First Look 2019, comprising Tiina Look (Tallin Black Nights Film Festival Artistic Director), Emanuela Martini (Torino Film Festival’s Artistic Director) and Lorenzo Esposito (Berlinale’s Programmer) handed out the following First Look Awards:
- to Celts (Kelti) by Milica Tomović, produced by Vladimir Vasiljević and Milica Tomović (EED Productions) an award worth € 65,000 in post-production services sponsored by Cinelab Bucharest.
- to Telenovela Greyscale in Color (Telenovela en gris y multicolor) by Filip Martinović, produced by Nikola Savicevic (Gulu Gulu Presenta) an award worth € 5,600 in advertising, donated by Le Film Français.
- to Resisting Landscapes (Pejzaži Optora) by Marta Popivoda produced by Dragana Jovović and Marta Popivoda (Theory at Work) an award worth € 5,000 donated by Kaiju Cinema D/ffusion for the production of a Key Art Design.
The full list of the 2019 selected films:
- Celts (Kelti) by Milica Tomovic, produced by Vladimir Vasiljevic (EED Productions)
- In Praise of Love (U slavu ljubavi) by Tamara Drakuic, produced by Jelena Angelovski (Monkey Production)
- Prison Beauty Contest (Izbor Za Miss Zatvora) produced and directed by Srdjan Sarenac (Novi Film) in coproduction with Udruzenje Novi Film (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Provid (Croatia)
- Resisting Landscapes (Pejzaži Optora) by Marta Popivoda, produced by Dragana Jovovic (Theory at Work) in coproduction with Bocalupo Films (France)
- Speak So I Can See You (Govori da bih te video) by Marija Stoinjc, produced by Milos Ivanovic and Marija Stoinjc (Bilboke), in coproduction with Restart (Croatia), Doha Film Institute (Qatar), Set Sail Films (Serbia)
- Telenovela Greyscale in Color (Telenovela en gris y multicolor) by Filip Martinovic, produced by Nikola Savicevic and Filip Martinovic (Gulu Gulu Presents)