Pardi di domani: Concorso internazionale
In 1946, doctors at an English psychiatric hospital opened a studio for patients to make art. Conceived as a laboratory for diagnostic purposes, the studio was one of the first of its kind. Facilitated by the artist Edward Adamson, it soon became a site for free expression. Over the years, the residents created thousands of works, but most of them were destroyed when the hospital closed in 1993. Charting the fate of the 5,500 surviving artworks, Abandoned Goods tells the story of the collection. Blending archive, rostrum and observational footage, it explores the transformation of the objects from clinical material to revered art, examining the changing contexts in which they were produced and displayed.